So Avery's 6th month of life has been very busy! She is settling in to being a "Georgia Peach" and is growing like a weed!!
She has extended her vocabulary to Da da, Ma Ma, Ba Ba, and La La. Along with her other ramblings that don't make sense to me but she sure does think she is saying something! She is even starting to ramble in baby sentences!!
We've started some new routines since moving into the house....
She gets to eat breakfast and dinner in her highchair! Along with the occasional mesh treat! So far we've put ice, peaches, and grapes in it. She seemed to like the grapes the best! But boy is this thing messy! She gets sooooooooooo sticky when she's done, so we usually head straight to the bath tub after. :o)
She is also getting curious about table food. She even reached on my plate when we were out to dinner and grabbed a piece of brocolli and started chewing on it! So the doctor gave us the go ahead to try finger foods. I'm still very cautious because she's not crawling yet (which it says they should be on the box, before giving the Gerber Finger Foods) So we only do it in the highchair where I can watch her closely.
She is getting much better about playing by herself, so I'm able to leave the room without her screaming bloody murder. Which is nice, but she is also turning into a rolly polly. I can walk out for two seconds and come back and she is across the room! lol
Playing on the new couch -with supervision of course :o)
I put a bigger blanket on the floor and she still manages to roll off of it!
She hasn't figured out how to crawl yet, but I don't think it will be long. She can go from sitting to her belly, or sitting to her knees-the flop to her belly. And last night I think she attempted to rock on one knee. So I'm sure she will be a crawling machine in the next month or so. (wish me luck! haha)
We are headed back down to FL for Labor Day weekend, but next week when we are back I will post some pictures of the new house! :o)
Thursday, August 28, 2008
6 months
Posted by Weslie at 1:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love all your updates! I hope you guys are settling well into Atlanta. You'll have to come out to Colorado sometime soon and our little girls can meet each other!
Post a Comment