Thursday, July 10, 2008

We had a busy 4th month!

Avery is officially 5 months old now and with all of the craziness that has been going on I still haven't had to time to post on here as regularly as I would like. But I promise as soon as we get settled in Atlanta I will post much more regularly.

Here is a recap of all of the exciting things that happened during Avery's 4th month.

She started off the month getting her first set of shots and learning how to stick her tongue out (see post below), she followed that with a bad hair day...

And then she went to the Aquarium for the first time on 6/11


She was laying infront of a aquarium wall, she loved seeing the fish swim by.


Later that night, she tried her jumperoo for the first time..

She wore a special outfit for her daddy's first father's day. She slept in it the night before so that it would be on her that morning. Gotta love her bed head hair.

She discovered her toes for the first time the following week while we were in Atlanta house hunting. I have pictures on my other camera but the cord to download the pics is packed in the semi, so I'll have to post those later...



Meanwhile, she tried a mesh feeder with an ice cube in it on 6/25 which she loved and helps her gums.



She started July off with a splash! She went swimming for the first time July 1st, while we were house sitting for my Aunt & Uncle. She loved the water and was even kicking her feet and moving herself around the pool in her float!


Waiting patiently in the chair for me to put her in the pool.

She loved the water!

Gotta love "back fat" :o)


Daddy made it back from Atlanta in time for the 4th of July....


Avery didn't stay up late enough to see fireworks (plus it was pouring rain), but she did get to try rice cereal for the first time!





"Wow mom I like this stuff!"


or not! haha

But she did love her bib!

Hanging out with daddy after with a full belly! :o)

Avery finished up the month by working on her rolling skills...








She's working so hard! She did finally make it over once! But of course I had already put the camera away. So hopefully it won't be too long before she starts doing it regularly.



We finished off our stay at Aunt Phyllis' by taking Avery out to play with Dick Tracy.




Avery decided to mark her last day as a 4 month old by starting a new trick, sucking her thumb! She hasn't sucked her thumb since she was 2 days old, but now its one of her favorite things to do! Hopefully it doesn't turn into a bad habit that we'll have to break later on.


We started off Avery's 5th month up here in Atlanta. I'm sure this month will be full of more great surprises and adventures!!!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Love, love, LOVE the ones of A with J and Dick Tracy!!! Definitely need to be framed, once you have walls to hang them on, ha!!

leigh said...

this whole post is SO stinkin' cute!

Weslie said...

Thanks ladies! :o)

Lilly said...

Wes! I really enjoyed the update post. I've been checking daily. Some of the pictures are really, really great. She looks so healthy and happy.

Talk soon! Love you.