Monday, February 16, 2009

Big Girl!

Sorry, I'm a little late in updating Avery's blog. But we have been super busy these past few weeks. It's hard to believe it, but our little girl is a big girl now! This past year has flown by and has certainly been the best year of our lives! I have lots of pictures to post of the events of the past weeks, so I'll probably break them up into a couple posts...



First we spent Avery's birthday week down in Florida, helping Gigi with the State Fair dog show and visiting with friends. We also took the opportunity to get a couple things accomplished, like our first official full hair cut! She has had her bangs trimmed twice, but we had always left everything else alone. But it was definitely time to even things up a bit.


Gotta love the random long hairs... and she even had a faux mullet going on in the back! haha

Pre-hair cut.. her hair had been up in a fountain on the top of her hair before we got there, hence crazy hair. :)

Gigi had an appt to get her hair cut that day too, so we just kinda snuck Avery in when she was done.


She did great! She sat there the whole time and didn't even seem to mind that a strange man was coming at her with scissors! Her hair came out so cute! And I love that she got a real hair cut (with a couple layers and some "texture") and not just the typical "bowl" hair cut. I think we might the right decision letting our hair dresser cut her hair vs taking her to a place that specializes in little kid hair cuts. :)

After her hair cut she was rewarded with a tootsie pop! She loved it and wasn't to happy when I took it away once we got to the car.


The next day we took advantage of her super cute hair cut and made it over to Jason's house for her 1 year pictures. These were taken the day before her birthday. :)






Seriously... how cute is she!

1 comments:

leigh said...

I'm so in love with Avery's new photo shoot! So cute (as always)!